There are many underwater digital cameras on the market, and deciding which one to buy can make your head spin. Many people are looking for something simple that they can take on a vacation, while others are more camera “savvy” and know which specs and features they need. Keep reading for an overview of some of the best waterproof digital camera choices available on the market today.
Canon Powershot D10
Canon is a well recognized name in the camera industry, and they are known for providing quality products for users of all experience levels. The Canon Powershot D10 offers some great features including:
* It is waterproof, cold resistant and shockproof
* DIGIC 4 Image Processor which delivers Face Detection Technology
* Intelligent Contrast Correction
* Red-eye Correction
* 12.1 megapixels, plus 3x optical zoom lens with Optical Image Stabilizer
* Blink Detection
* Smart AUTO always chooses the best settings
* 19 Shooting Modes
The Powershot D10 offers many more features, but overall is one of the best waterproof cameras on the market.
Pentax Optio W90
The Pentax Optio W90 is another great camera, which takes some incredible pictures. Some of its features include:
* It is also Waterproof, Shockproof, Dustproof, and Freezeproof
* Digital Microscope mode lets you take very nice up-close pictures of even the smallest objects
* Eye-Fi wireless SD memory card connectivity lets you easily transfer pictures to a computer or online site
* Upgraded face detection
* Extra-wide 2.7-inch LCD monitor
* Optical 5x zoom lens with a 28mm wide-angle coverage
* Triple anti-shake protection
* Auto Picture mode
There are more features to consider when looking at the Optio W90, such are the high quality pictures it is known for producing. The camera is built to withstand the outdoors, which makes it a good option for anyone wanting it for capturing memories of that incredible adventure.
Fujifilm FinePix XP10
Fujifilm is another well known manufacturer of quality cameras, and this model is no exception. The Fujifilm Finepix XP10 is a redesign of their widely popular FinePix Z33WP, and is one of the first on the market with what is called “Four Tough” digital cameras – meaning they are waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof and dustproof. Some more of the incredible features which set this camera apart include:
* 12-megapixel CCD sensor
* 2.7-inch, high-contrast LCD
* Fujinon 5x periscopic optical zoom lens with a reinforced protective lens barrier
* Easy Web Upload
* HD Capability
* Target Focus function helps to capture moving objects
* Image Stabilization
* Face Detection
* Automatic Red-eye Removal
Again, there are too many features to list in the Fujifilm Finepix XP10, but this 21.7mm slim camera holds up to the outdoors without being cumbersome. The pictures are high quality, and the camera is built to last.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2
The Panasonic name lets you know that you are buying a quality product, as it is a well known and trusted brand. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 is one of the top contenders on the waterproof digital camera market, with a wide range of features including:
* This camera is also shockproof, waterproof, dustproof and freezeproof
* Optical Image Stabilizer reduces camera shake
* 28mm wide-angle lens
* 4.6x optical zoom
* Intelligent Auto Mode
* HD Movie recording which takes almost twice as much video as regular motion JPEG format
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 is a sturdy camera that allows you to take pictures in any conditions.
Olympus Stylus Tough-6000
The other popular contender on the market is the Olympus Stylus Tough-6000, which is another very good camera that is built for the outdoors. The features of this waterproof camera include:
* Is also shockproof, waterproof and freezeproof
* Tap Control allows you to manage the camera by simply tapping it
* Dual Image Stabilization with Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization to stop camera shake, and Digital Image Stabilization provides sharp, clear pictures
* Comes in different colors
The Olympus Stylus Tough-6000 may not be as popular as the other waterproof digital cameras on the market, but it is a worthy contender for anyone who needs a solid camera that takes good pictures.
The selection is growing in the waterproof digital camera market, with people wanting reliable and sturdy cameras to take along on all their adventures. However, it is important to do your research and take into account the opinions of others who have bought the cameras and used them themselves. Finding one that suits your needs doesn’t have to be difficult if you understand what exactly you are looking for in a camera.