If you know my story, you’ll know that I had ‘real jobs’ myself before I decided to quit my 8 years in the corporate world and leave the 9-5, create my own business and become a digital nomad.
But I also know plenty of people who love their jobs and their work, they just want more freedom around them and the flexibility to fit the job around their lifestyle.
Which is why I so love Tijana Momirov’s story as she’s done exactly that – designed her life around things that she loved to do and built a consulting career to support that.
Tijana Momirov is a software engineer and has been a digital nomad for years – following the elements.
Her last ‘real job’ was in Athens, Greece and after realizing the best times of the day to kitesurf (her passion) was when she was working, and they seemed inflexible on allowing her to work different hours, she quit her job and started freelancing.
Five years in, she is still convinced that going location independent has been the best choice she’s ever made. And that the time is now, for everyone else to realize this too.
She is passionate about the revolution of the way we work and live and wants to bring more people over to the sunny side.
Listen to this episode
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- How Tijana went from cubicle, to wind surfing and living on her own schedule
- The professional way to leave your job, and how to have the conversation the right way
- The steps Tijana took to build her client base – and how you can do the same in as little as 1 month
- Why you shouldn’t wrap your work around your life, and what you should do instead
- How to handle negative perspectives of “working from the beach”
- How to prove to others that you’re capable of having a career and being location independent